09 March 2015

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

I am getting excited for my next upcoming goal race - the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler (CUCB) in Washington, DC next month. And after last week's announcement that peak bloom will (finally) happen during race weekend, I am SUPER excited for the explosion of color that is sure to greet us as we cross by the Tidal Basin.

This will be my third time running this race and my goal is to finish in under 90 minutes. A Twitter friend introduced me to Gipis, an app I'm using for my training as it is one of the first I've come across that has an actual 10 mile training plan. As my BRF Jason and I finished up our run yesterday, he commented that my runs have been shorter lately, and that is one of the thing I'm liking about this training plan. I'm running 4 days a week, and some runs are quick 15-20 minute speed sessions. While I haven't finished the race, and therefore am not 100% sure how effective these shorter speed sessions are, I am intrigued to see if they will help power me through the finish in my goal time. I also signed up for the virtual training plan from CUCB training partner New Balance, and while I'm not following that plan, it is quite interesting to see the differences in what is recommended there versus on Gipis. I'll let you know how things turn out come April 12!

Another thing I'm excited about it rocking my Ink n Burn Cherry Blossom again for this race. It was three years ago when I first ran this race that I also ran for the first time in Ink n Burn. I have to thank my #CorralG Captain Linz for introducing me to this amazing company. A "Made in the USA" company, local to Linz in SoCal, this company makes absolutely BEAUTIFUL artwork apparel. My first piece was my Cherry Blossom v-neck which I HAD to have to run my first CUCB in! Last year I rocked my Cherry Blossom skirt for the race (and somehow I didn't get a picture in it!). This year, I'm deciding which combination to rock - it may be back to my cherry blossom v-neck with my new to me Healing Mandala shorts!

Ink n Burn is GREAT for running or for whatever - I am even known to rock some of my great Black Friday sale items to work at least once a week. They make absolutely beautiful apparel, that is comfortable, cool (both literally and figuratively), and eye-catching! Everyone is always asking "where did you get that" when I'm wearing my Ink n Burn. I can't wait to see what comes out next - and remember, this year EVERY design is a LIMITED EDITION print - so if you fall in love with something, better snag it while you can.

Can't wait to check in with you in a few weeks and show you what I wore to ROCK my Cherry Blossom 10 miler PR!

No comments: