03 August 2014

Time to Get Going

ok - for real.  I have fallen off my rocker.  I haven't been blogging.  I have hardly been running.  And I've been eating like CRAP lately.  And it shows - this morning when I got on the scale, I saw a number I was NOT happy with.  Now, I know that numbers don't mean everything, but I use the scale to help keep me in check.  (My numbers are mine - I'm not saying they are good or bad for anyone else.  You have to figure that out for yourself.  But I am going to post my numbers for accountability.)  And what I saw told me it's time to get serious.  So that's what I'm doing today.  And I'm writing it all out to keep me accountable - to myself and to you - for what my goals are for the rest of the year.  So here it is.

Sunday, August 3 
weight: 149.9lbs
days run this week: 1
      - Monday, July 28: 4.62mi run at 12:36mm pace.  
days strength trained this week: none
days food tracked: none

So, here's part of it.  I am working - A LOT!  I am getting better at prepping food so I am eating healthy at work, but yesterday, even though I brought my own lunch, I dove into the pizza when it arrived because I completely forgot I had my smoothie in the fridge.  And I had gorged on pizza the night before.  Not a good plan for staying healthy.  I'm traveling some this week, but when I finish up this post, I'm going to go plan out my food for the week.  And prep it.  And maybe post it later... but most importantly, no matter what I eat, I'm tracking this week.  I know tracking is important - it was the weeks I tracked on WW that I had the most success.  So I will be using My Fitness Pal to track my food this week, in conjunction with my Fitbit tracker.  

I FINALLY got my delivery with my new Barre3 6-month membership code, and got signed up on Friday.  And then unfortunately got called into work, and went straight from work to my sister's for game night and didn't get in a workout.  Then I worked yesterday, and was a lazy bum when I got home from work.  So I will be doing a Barre3 workout this afternoon as well.  And my goal is to do a workout 3x a week, mixing it up with length of workout and focus areas.

Two weeks ago, when I got back from two consecutive weekends of traveling, my hip was KILLING me.  It hurt to stand, it hurt to walk, and it DEFINITELY hurt to run.  So I took the week off.  I finally went to the chiropractor - and he defined it as "a flat tire" - my left side was soooo tight I was getting barely any range of motion.  The adjustment helped A LOT.  And he gave me exercises to be working on to help loosen it up and get me back together.  My run this week was tough, even though I am feeling a lot better.  Part of it was probably trying to keep up with my speedy co-workers.  But part of it was the lack of flexibility.  To that end, I also plan to do my yoga more, as well as the exercises, stretching, foam rolling, and icing recommended by my doctor.  As it, daily.  I'll do a brief yoga routine to help loosen up my hip flexors, and try to do at least one full yoga workout each week.

I also need to get back into running.  My big goal for the rest of the year is to run a sub-2:00 half marathon at Space Coast on November 30.  I signed up today for an Active Trainer plan that will start September 8.  Which gives me the next four weeks to build back my base.  I want to run three times a week this month - two easy runs and one longer run on the weekend.  And I need to remind myself with each run that I am getting stronger, that I am working on a goal, and that it doesn't need to be "perfect," it just needs to be done.  

What I'd like to see at the end of August is a report more like this:

Sunday, August 31
weight: 142
days run this week: 3 (at avg 10:30mm pace)
days strength trained this week: 3 (Barre3 workouts)
days food tracked: 5

Yes, I'm giving myself permission NOT to track food every single day of the week.  But habits start somewhere.  I will be at Disneyland on August 31, volunteering for the Half Marathon and cheering on my friend Courtney as she goes Coast-to-Coast.  But I'd still like to have a great four weeks between now and then so that the scale reflects hard work and I can enjoy myself at Flo's V8 Cafe after the race!

I am also planning on blogging AT LEAST once a week, on Sundays, with my update on how the week went, and what my weekly goals will be.  

So there it is - my plan.  Help keep me accountable - check in with me via Facebook and Twitter, post comments and let me know your goals.  And hopefully together, we can be our best selves!

No comments: